Product Care Tips
- Do not use training gear wet – this is abuse and will dramatically increase the effects of wear and tear.
- After training, always dry your training gear out of your training bag in a well-ventilated area, away from direct sunlight.
- Where required use a small amount of baby powder on the inside of your gloves to assist with removing excess moisture/sweat and preventing odours.
- Always use cotton inners or boxing wraps to prevent excess sweat and moisture from deteriorating your products, wear and tear caused by sweat/rot are not covered under warranty.
- Ensure you have enough training gear to always use a dry set, especially in a fight gym or commercial training environment as overusing an insufficient amount of equipment is abuse and will void your warranty.
- If you train more than 3-4 times a week, we recommend utilising a second set of equipment to ensure you always have dry equipment.
- Do not complete push-ups in your boxing gloves unless they specifically state “push up zone” on them.
- If the product is marked “washable”, hand wash the product separately with cold water, do not tumble dry and avoid washing more than 4 times per year.
Floor To Ceiling Balls/Speed Balls
- All speed-balls/floor-to-ceiling balls require weekly inflation and maintenance.
- Never strike a speedball/floor-to-ceiling ball with bare knuckles.
- Do not overinflate bladders, especially in hot and humid conditions.
- Inflate the bladder until the ball feels firm (not rock-hard) allowing your thumbs to gently push into the casing material approx 1.5cm.
- Changes in temperature will affect require the user to give regular “topping up” of the air into inflated bladders.
- Lick or lubricate your pump needle before inserting it into bladders, monitor the needle during inflation to avoid accidental bladder punctures.
- Ensure floor-to-ceiling ball straps are not set too tight, the ball should have a minimum of 25cm of movement in any direction, any less will cause added stress and damage the ball/straps.
- Straps and bladders are perishable, high wear and tear items and are excluded from manufacturing faults warranty.
- Set your floor to ceiling ball to the approx. height of your chest for optimal training results.
- The fitting of non-Punch Equipment accessories to your speed ball/floor to ceiling ball will void your warranty.
- As wall brackets and ceiling hook attachments can take a considerable amount of force with general boxing bag use, Punch Equipment recommends your boxing bag is installed by a qualified tradesman to ensure proper installation is followed.
- Review this installation video to increase the durability of your boxing bag bracket and chains: https://youtu.be/AtpZWNTzPyw
- If you change the fittings/filling or adjust the strap/chain lengths you will void your manufacturing faults warranty.
- Metal on metal sheering of chains, swivels, replaceable eye-bolts and hooks are effects from wear and tear and are not covered under warranty.
- Only use stretchy rubber-type materials to fix a boxing bag to the floor with the tie-down anchor feature.
- Avoid D ring and figure 8 ring wear on boxing bags by hanging them with 10mm rope instead of chain.
- Boxing bags hung with twisted straps/chain is negligent of assembly and may void your warranty.
- Beating punching bags with weapons, striking with bare knuckles or shoes may puncture/damage bags which is not covered under warranty.
- Avoid dragging your boxing bags, this form of damage/wear and tear is not warrantable.
- Avoid hanging boxing bags near (within 1.5 meters) walls/mirrors and other gym equipment.
- Wipe your boxing bags down with disinfectant diluted in warm water once per week for hygienic maintenance.
- Spray/lubricate “D” rings, chains, and places where moving metal parts touch once per week where required.
- Inspect weekly for wear and tear in strap rings, swivels and chains; failure to do so can result in your boxing bag failing suddenly.
- Only use boxing boots on a soft flooring training area or boxing ring.
- Boxing Boots are designed for boxing training only and should be not be used for other casual wear or other activities.